This week in the Crock Pot Series I’ve got a simple lamb curry! As with last week I am using my Crock Pot 37401BC Slow Cooker Brushed Chrome 3.5L to cook the my meal.
This is a really tasty lamb curry, this recipie is not too spicy, feel free to add as much spice as you like though.
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of tumeric.
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of hot chill powder.
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Half a dozen crushed cardamons.
- Four lamb chops or diced lamb.
- Chicken or lamb stock in 125 ml of water.
- Salt and pepper.
- 6 tablespoons of cream
- 2 onions, chopped.
- A dozen small tomatoes chopped, or a couple large tomatoes.
- Parsley or coriander for on top.
- Mix all the spices together and cook for a couple minutes at a low heat in a frying pan with a small amount of olive oil.
- Add the onion and crushed garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the lamb and cook until sealed and covered in spice.
- Add the water and stock, as well as some salt and pepper.
- Place in the crock-pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- With 10 minutes to go check the sauce, if it requires thickening create a paste with some cornflour and water and add to the mixture and cook on high.
- Add the cream and tomatoes, and parsley/coriander at this point and stir, after the full time is up serve.
- Serve with rice, and seasonal vegetables.