Roasted vegetables is one of my favourite meals to cook around exam time, its so easy to cook and it tastes really good! Nearly all the ingredients below are optional, cook what you like. This is one of the best recipes to experiment with roasting veg. Some will turn out amazing, some will not turn out that well at all.
Ingredients (Serves 1 hungry person)
- 1/2 to 1/3 a Sweet Potato chopped into large chunks.
- 1/2 to 1/3 a Butternut Squash de-seeded and chopped into smaller chunks.
- 1/2 a red pepper chopped into strips.
- 1/2 a green/yellow pepper chopped into strips.
- 1/2 a chopped and peeled carrot.
- 5-10 cherry tomatoes.
- 1/2 to 1 onion chopped into quarters.
- 1 Bird’s Eye chicken and broccoli lattice or other battered/breaded chicken such as Kiev or Corden Bleu.
- Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil, Paprika.
- Chop up your veg as described above and place them on a baking pan, cover in olive oil, salt, pepper and some paprika and mix around to ensure all are evenly covered.
- The vegetables described above will be nicely caramelised within 45-50 minutes in the oven at around 180 degrees. However follow the packet when it comes to the chicken! Some vegetables such as the squash and sweet potato definitely need most of this time to soften, but if you don’t like your peppers a little charged it might be worth leaving them unti 20 minutes has elapsed!
- Just experiment with this one, its a great, simple quick recipe!