Tagliatelle is one of the easiest to cook of student meals, and it can taste really good with minimal effort. It’s a great meal to cook when you are short of time and it won’t cost you much at all! Home made this meal tastes much better than the expensive gooey ready meals.
- 2-3 “Balls” of Tagliatelle pasta, you can also use 1/2 a cup of normal pasta
- 2 Tablespoons of Cream (Single or Double)
- 3-4 Mushrooms
- 1/2 an Onion
- Pinch of Pepper
- Pinch of Salt for your Pasta.
Note:You should add at least 1 or 2 of these for taste otherwise you may find it a bit bland! I definitely recommend the Ham and Wine, but I often add all of these optional ingredients, they don’t cost much more!
- 1 slice of chopped ham
- 2-3cm of Courgette chopped up into small pieces.
- Shop bought or home made cheese sauce instead of cream.
- 1/2 a glass of white wine (really is worth it!)
- Glove of Garlic
- Start boiling the pasta water, and then chop up all your ingredients into small pieces
- Put in the pasta to boil and fry the onion in a small amount of oil.
- Once they are soft add the ham, mushrooms and courgette and fry for around 2 minutes.
- Add your cream or cheese sauce and white wine to the frying pan and allow to simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain and butter it then add it to the frying pan and stir until equally distributed. For Tagliatelle pasta, add it slowly, so that it doesn’t all clump together!
- Serve and eat!
This is one of my favourite quick and easy recipes you can also add Chicken if you fancy a bit more to eat!