Homemade Mini Muffin based pizzas are are a really yummy and relatively healthy way to have a pizza for lunch or dinner. You can put any topping you like on your pizzas and they are best served with a small plate of chips and some salad!
- 2 muffins sliced into 4 halves (this is around the same size as a small pizza, you may wish to do more or less)
- Chopped Tin of Tomatoes (Small Tin or Half a Big Tin)
- Half a Chopped Onion
- Crushed Clove of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of tomato puree
- A sprinkle of basil or Italian herbs.
- 1 teaspoon of Lea and Perrins or Chilli Sauce if that’s your thing!
- Grated Cheese (Cheddar or Mozzarella)
- Essentially any pizza topping you like! (If using meat make sure it is cooked first before putting on the pizza!)
Possible Topping Combinations
- Ham and Mushroom
- Ham and Pineapple
- Pepper and Sweetcorn
- Chicken, Onion and Sweetcorn
- Chicken, Peppers and Mushrooms
- Firstly to make the tomato sauce, put the onions in a small amount of oil in a frying pan and cook until soft, then add the garlic and the tomato tin along with the tomato puree, basil and Worcester sauce. Allow this to simmer for around 10-15 minutes until it is more of a sauce than tomato water! (Alternatively you can be lazy and buy a pre-made pizza sauce in the supermarket!)
- Once this is done carefully place the tomato sauce on each of the muffin bases you have cut up and smooth it around evenly.
- Then place your grated cheese on top followed by whatever toppings you like!
- Place under the grill for around 10-15 minutes until the cheese on top is starting to brown.
- Remember to cook your meats such as chicken, beef or sausage first before putting them on a pizza, they will not cook in time under the grill!