Eggs can be quiet expensive, so here is a cheapish way to produce something that tastes fairly similar to a tasty spaghetti carbonara.
- 2-3 “Balls” of Tagliatelle pasta, you can also use 1/2 a cup of normal pasta.
- 2 Tablespoons of Cream (Single or Double)
- 3-4 Mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 an Onion
- Pinch of Pepper
- Pinch of Salt for your Pasta.
- 2-3 rashes of smoked (or unsmoked) bacon chopped up.
- 2 teaspoons of grated Italian hard cheese or cheddar cheese
- Start boiling the pasta water, and then chop up all your ingredients into small pieces
- Put in the pasta to boil and fry the onion and bacon in a small amount of oil.
- Once the onions are soft and the bacon cooked add your cream and cheese and mix in.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain and butter it then add it to the frying pan and stir until equally distributed. For Tagliatelle pasta, add it slowly, so that it doesn’t all clump together.
- Serve and eat.