This is another easy recipe to do if you aren’t in much of a rush! Chicken in a nice creamy tomato sauce. This recipe is designed for one person. The chicken can probably be replaced with pork or turkey as well.
- 1 Breast of Chicken
- 1 400g Tinned Tomatoes
- 1-2 Inches of Courgette Chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 4-5 Baby Mushrooms or 2-3 Standard.
- Worcester Sauce
- 1/2 a glass of White Wine
- Double Cream
- Freeze Dried Basil and Tarragon
- 3-4 x New/Baby Potatoes Chopped in Half.
- 1 Clove of Garlic (Crushed)
- 1/2 an Onion or 2 or 3 chopped Shallots
- Firstly in a bit of oil fry your onions until they are soft.
- Then add your chopped chicken breast and fry until slightly browned on top.
- Now add the tin of chopped tomatoes, along with all the other ingredients listed above, apart from the cream and seasonal vegetables! Also leave out the tarragon and a small amount of the wine.
- Allow all this to simmer and boil down for around 45 minutes.
- On return you may find it is a bit too sticky, if so add around 1/2 a cup of boiling water to increase fluidity slightly. If not don’t worry.
- Now add a dash more wine and your cream at this point, while you start your vegetable water boiling.
- Once boiling add your vegetables which shouldn’t take longer than 8-10 minutes usually.
- Drain the vegetables and serve the chicken in sauce!