Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Paella
It may sound complicated but this is a quick meal to make. Feel free to miss out any of the meats you like, it will probably taste just as good with just one of them, or none if you are a veggie!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/2 a big red pepper, green pepper and yellow pepper
- 1 breast of chicken (season with salt and pepper)
- 1-2 inches of chorizo chopped.
- 6-8 prawns
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons of garlic paste.
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of tumeric
- 2-3 drops of Tabasco sauce or a small amount of chilli powder.
- 75g of paella rice per person.
- 150ml of chicken or vegetable stock per 75g of rice. (1 stock cube; vegetable or chicken)
- 1-2 tablespoons of tomato puree.
In a large non stick pan, put a bit of oil and fry your chicken until it is slightly browned. Add the chorizo and prawns and cook for a few minutes until the prawns are going pink. Add the chopped onion and peppers and stir in. Simmer on a low heat and add the tomato paste and garlic paste as well as the paprika, tumeric and Tabscoo.
Boil 500 ml of water and mix in with a stock cube. Add the paella rice to your pan, and mix in and leave for around 2 minutes before adding 150 ml of water per 75 g of rice added, keep the remaining stock to one side just in case your paella dries out too soon.
Keep stirring the paella to prevent it sticking to the bottom of the pan, check the rice is cooked at regular intervals, if it looks like you are running low on water and the rice is not cooked add some more stock. Paella rices can vary so read the back of your packet to see how long it takes to cook approximately.
Once all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked, serve and eat!